Our ability to have an impact requires we have a clear and in-depth, real time understanding of both the progress we are making and challenges we collectively face at a state, program and individual youth level. Our data strategy is three-pronged:
- Developing and supporting systems for notifying districts which of their students are in foster care;
- Collecting and tracking youth-level data to support effective direct services work;
- Conducting program evaluations, which helps us to understand the degree to which our efforts are having an impact on youth.
Our data efforts in Arizona have been multi-faceted. We have:
- Worked with state agencies to develop a process to help school districts identify which of their students are in foster care.
- Partnered with West Ed to publish Arizona’s Invisible Achievement Gap, a first of its kind report in Arizona.
- Published two evaluations of the Pima County pilot demonstrating successful implementation, and impact at a youth and systems level.
- Developed a technology tool to serve youth in Pima County.